decal missing

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:21:29 -0500

Paul:

If "Baldwin" is not cast in the plate it is probably a forgery.=
  Unscrupulous techs or dealers have put those little "Baldwin" circles in=
 stencil pianos because that is a widely known name.  The Chickering name=
 gets used a lot too.  If there is the claim that a piano is a major name=
 and it is not cast in the plate, it isn't.

dave