Social Security (Off Topic)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:48:58 EDT

Et Al;

 From time to time OT posts show up and then someone, or several someones,
objects and this leads to a LOT of posts complaining about some facet or
other having to do with that post or the responses to the complaining post.

 Without regard to what our personal preferences are regarding technical vs
non-technical content of the offending posts...there is a general guideline
for all to follow. So rather than flooding everyone with posts complaining
about OT posts I suggest just letting them slide.....'IF' there is a burning
personal need for you to say something then why not do it *directly and
privately* and avoid creating the very clutter that you originally complained
about...and yes this 'clutter' includes this post. :-)
 Use a little forbearance and follow the quoted guidelines below and all will
be pacific if not perfect fdor our individual tastes.
Jim Bryant (FL)

<<"The "pianotech" list is intended for technical discussions among piano
technicians. Other topics of general interest to piano technicians do come
up, but the main focus is on sharing technical information. It is an "open"
list, allowing anyone to subscribe and submit posts.">>