plate reaction was Re: Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:05:44 EDT

In a message dated 20/08/01 10:51:29 AM, baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

<< So another question. As the string takes on a set, (bend around the pins).
 Is the tansverse and longditudinal modes of the strings changing, due to
the bends?  Thereby helping string rendering.>>

Roger it seems to me that a "set" in the string would make rendering more
difficult rather than less. As for "modes...... changing" I would think,, on
first thought, that only so far as any leakage past the pin would there be
any...?
Jim Bryant (FL)