plate reaction was Re: Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:14:54 -0500

Hi Jim,
            What set me thinking is this direction, The Wapin Bridge seems
to work very well to my ears. (I have only seen about 6 of them.)    But
this could suggest there is more movement taking place on the top of the
bridge cap, through playing,  than we think.  Controlling the transverse
mode certainly seems to increase the sustain.
How much deformation of the string at the pin, needs to take place to
inhibit rendering?    More questions than answers as usual.

Roger