S&S tuning pins...

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:43:41 -0700

Can anyone tell me WHY Steinway & Sons elect to NOT use tuning pin
bushings??? It would certainly eliminate, or at the very least GREATLY
reduce "Flagpoling", which is a real hassle for me. It simply takes a good
20-30 minutes longer for me to tune a Steinway, chiefly because of this
problem. After tuning two Model "L's" today, I proceeded to tune a couple of
Yamaha Grands...it was like swinging only ONE bat after warming up with
THREE at a time! It was a literal walk in the park.

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA