Abralon sanding discs

Dale R Fox foxpiano@juno.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:40:01 -0700

Ho Greg,
	it is quite common for the words silicon and silicone to be used in
place of one another.  Silicone carbide, (thought probably chemically
impossible to produce) would be a problem.  Silicon carbide is a standard
abrasive in use for decades.  Seriously though,  Silicone is a lubricant
and is an oil.  Silocon is the main ingredient of sand.  Silocon Valley
is where the chips are made.  Silicone Valley is where the hollywood
bodies are made.

Regards,

Dale Fox

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:22:49 -0400 Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net>
writes:
> Lists,
>     O.K. admittedly I'm very slow. I've decided to check out the
> Abralon
> Pads that Mark Potter recommended for use in finishing work. Never
> mind
> that he recommended them back in May. :>) Anyway I went to this site
> http://www.mirka.com/eng/prod/abralonw.htm and it clearly states that
> this is a silicon carbide abrasive. My question to all of you is
> whether
> or not you could foresee this as being a problem. I'm thinking of
> possible fisheye or anything else that might compromise a gloss or
> high
> polish finish. Any thoughts?
>
> Greg
>
> --