plate reaction was Re: Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

Graeme Harvey gharvey@netsource.co.nz
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:05:48 -0000

Ron,

Pitch drop. I'm referring now back to pitch raises lets say for arguement,
especially so with new wire, adding tension causes plate compression / flex
and an amount of board movement as your hypothesis suggests but you stated
that you cannot account for the amount of pitch drop with only plate and
board movement. The only other thing that can move is the string. Wire
stretches but I'm not sure for how long.
Hence string stretch. I'm sure there is something in the archives on this
but for the sake of discussion I'll send it anyway.

regards,

Graeme Harvey
New Plymouth
New Zealand