Damper lifter felts (key end felts)

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:57:15 EDT

Dave asks:
>extra thick damper lifter felts for a Steinway "D".  This is for an
interesting
>project that will have two actions for one piano.

Greetings,
   Hmm,  I would think you should raise the entire action to the same height
as the other one, since these actions' heights were originally indexed to the
plate height.
This isn't hard to do with well-glued shim stock under the key frame.  The
glide bolts should be able to extend far enough down to accomodate.
  What  sort of hammers are these two actions going to have?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT