Tuning Question

Richard Brekne rbrekne@operamail.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:27:59 +0200

Ah yes.. I think I see what you are saying here.. using the fact that a 6:3 octave type implies that Minor third and inverted Major sixth
beats equal coupled with the progressive slowing of Major 6ths..to sort of "prove" the matter ?

Again tho.. I am wondering if this (m3rd / M6th with common bottom note) comparison is true regardless of octave types and how far
down into the bass we get. Or for that matter true regardless of any inharmonicity issues.

Point of order... shouldnt your example using C2-A2 read C2-A3 ?  Dont we switch octave numbers on A ?

Richard Brekne
RPT, NPTF
Sydneskleiven 1
5010 Bergen Norway