Joining PTG (to Patrick)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:47:26 -0500

>Aww, Gee Whizzz Ron. Vice Grips?

Not quite. "Vise-Grip", it's a standard hardware store tool. Vice-grip is
(rumor has it), a technique for another discussion list.

>So, like, enlighten us. I need another tool
>to add to my pile of dumb tool purchases.  ;-)
>
>Terry Farrell

Used like you would use the round nose pliers, except you only grip the
very ends of the wires when you make the loops. Advantages are that the
tool never touches the loop (until the loop is already formed and you bend
it up a little to point it in the right direction), so there's little
chance of damage, and you can make the loops very small so you don't have
to pull up a yard of wire to tighten the knot. In fact, you can make loops
too small to get the wire through. This is somewhat counterproductive, so
pay attention when looping. You also only have to grab the wire once to
form the loop, rather than 12 times as your round nose pliers slip around.
As a result, average blood loss is 43.7% less (mileage may vary).

Ron N