hammer acceleration

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:00:29 -0700

I notice, when I am doing a weigh-off on a key board, that on some =
actions as the hammer rises the acceleration is relatively slow and =
steady.  Other times, once the hammer starts to rise, the acceleration =
is quite rapid.   What is responsible for that difference?  Friction =
would seem to be the logical answer, but friction where?  I heavily =
lubricate actions before I do a weigh-off.  There seems to be something =
else at work in the geometry/leverage.  Among other things, with the =
rapidly accelerating hammer, it is more difficult to determine the =
measured downweight.  I there any way around that problem? =20

David Love