hammer acceleration

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:18:10 -0400

It is called static friction and it is the reason that you knock on the action
to break static friction.  In weighing an action the rate of rise or fall of the
hammer is as important as the actual measurements.  Even consistent velocity is
an absolute requirement from note to note AND up and down.

Static friction is the force required to overcome the distance to movement of an
object with no movement at all.

		Newton