Wapin bridge patent

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:28:31 -0700

Jon wrote:

> Carl,
> You've put a lot of political arguments into this post, which I won't
> answer right now.

No problem.  I've been known to do that from time to time

 Suffice to say, that Wapin is a relatively cheap
> way of increasing sustain in a piano.

Compared to sound board replacement, yes.  Compared to using Roger Jolly's
prelude to voicing techniques, no.
This assumes that Wapin is effective in doing just that.  I have had some
private posts that questions that fact and brings up some possible bad side
effects.

  I don't think that piano techs
> will pass up Wapin based on the license fee, but it will take a while
> to catch on.

Only time will tell.  Count me as number one.

 It's another tool in the rebuilding toolbox.

I've got a lot of tools in my box that I never use. Can't seem to get rid of
them.

> It is my understanding that Wapin requires the training because some
> of the earlier unsupervised installations got screwed up.  They
> thought they could trust people to get it right, but they changed
> their minds based on the results.
>
> Yes, I am a Wapin installer.

OKAY!  So , does that mean that a CERTFIED, APPROVED, REGISTERED, BLESSED
installer that may screw up an installation gets the piano restored to it's
original condition by Wapin?

Respectfully, but tongue-in-cheek:

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California