Appearance

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:15:42 -0400

Eliot,

First of all, I respect anything that Jim Coleman, Sr. says. Secondly, I
already wear a shirt (trousers, even!), so if adding a tie will add thirty
grand to my bottom line, I'm in!  Um, will I have to raise my tuning rates?

My apparel rarely varies.  White short sleeve shirt with collar open and navy
blue slacks.  In very cool weather I add a sports jacket and it has to get
really cold before I wear anything heavier than that.  If I'm doing a job that
will work up a sweat, like installing a Dampp-Chaser system under a grand, or
rolling around on the floor for any other piano repair, I may take off my
shirt, but I still have a T-shirt under that -- always.

I think grooming is important, but once you're recognized by your clients as
the best in the land, they'll probably stick with you no matter what you wear.

Regards, Clyde