Poor Technician Workmanship Question (kinda long)

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:20:52 EDT

In a message dated 25/08/01 12:15:25 AM, baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

<< Lets see if home office is serious about standards. >>

Roger;
 The "Home Office" has absolutely nothing to do with setting or enforcing
standards, is not involved in any way with the disciplinary code, and is not
allowed any input into any of this 'stuff' with the possible exception of
making an appointment with our PTG lawyer for consultation with the Ethics
Committee.

 The membership and only the membership.......singly, as a chapter, or other
grouping is the only entity which may bring charges and initiate disciplinary
action against a fellow member.

 To follow this out to the extreme and carrying the "Code of Professional
Conduct" out to the letter.......... the person who observes the type "wurk"
as described would be the person to initiate action. In the present case I
think the proper thing to do is contact the RVP involved
but..............before anything is done there must be 'proof' in writing as
to what was done and what was promised......Ms. Customer simply saying "he
said yada yada yada and thus and so...........$2,000" just won't cut it.

 I'll have to agree with Bill B. on this one...it would be better to handle
this quickly, quietly and completely rather than advertise/berate poor
workmanship and let it slide without any action other than "venting".
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)