Steinway Rail Dowels

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 19:04:10 -0500

 then reinstall
>the screws thru the flanges and snug up (remember that they are stripped),

Hi Carl,
             You will run the risk of some squeeze out,  flanges epoxied to
the rail.   Oh what a mess for the next guy.  I'm not in favour of this.
For a Steinway D  I would be sending it out and having the rail dowels
replaced.  May as well do all 3 while they are at it. If the action
geometry is good.  I like the idea of the drying down, and not de soldering.
Just me take on it.
Roger