Wapin bridge patent

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:47:48 -0500

Carl,
>Suffice to say, that Wapin is a relatively cheap
>  > way of increasing sustain in a piano.
>
>Compared to sound board replacement, yes.  Compared to using Roger Jolly's
>prelude to voicing techniques, no.

I have great respect for Roger and his techniques for voicing.
However, I do think that Wapin and Roger's techniques address
different things.  Perhaps Roger is reading this and would care to
weigh in?

>This assumes that Wapin is effective in doing just that.  I have had some
>private posts that questions that fact and brings up some possible bad side
>effects.

I'd be interested to hear these criticisms, with the authors'
permission of course.

>  It's another tool in the rebuilding toolbox.
>
>I've got a lot of tools in my box that I never use. Can't seem to get rid of
>them.

I didn't say you had to use the tool, did I?

>  >
>  > It is my understanding that Wapin requires the training because some
>  > of the earlier unsupervised installations got screwed up.  They
>  > thought they could trust people to get it right, but they changed
>  > their minds based on the results.
>  >
>  > Yes, I am a Wapin installer.
>

>OKAY!  So , does that mean that a CERTFIED, APPROVED, REGISTERED, BLESSED
>installer that may screw up an installation gets the piano restored to it's
>original condition by Wapin?

I don't know how they handled that situation.  Why don't you e-mail
Tim Coates and ask?  I was just trying to disclose my background and
explain a Wapin policy.

Respectfully,
Jon

Jon Ralinovsky