Wapin bridge patent

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:16:21 -0500

>>Compared to sound board replacement, yes.  Compared to using Roger Jolly's
>>prelude to voicing techniques, no.
>
>I have great respect for Roger and his techniques for voicing.
>However, I do think that Wapin and Roger's techniques address
>different things.  Perhaps Roger is reading this and would care to
>weigh in?

Hi Jon,
            Voicing is working with what is in front of you, making the
best out off what you have.   It's not going to help much with a dead board
other that smooth a few notes out, that may need some crown needling. Same
goes for Wapin, It will not make a bad board, or rolled bridge sound good.
Installing a new board, or Wapin, is up grading the instrument,  as opposed
to just servicing it.
Having said that,  Installing a new board, Wapin, or renotching curved
bridge lines.  It what I call radical voicing.   Because it should make a
big difference in tone quality, if done correctly.  <G>
Roger