Archive numbering and ordering (was Re: )

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:43:33 0000

Howard,
Unfortunately, the order is a bit confused because of the way the server has
organized things (or because of the way some programmer told the server to
organize things).  Archive number 1000 does not come after 999 but after 100.
The computer is looking at the first digit and ordering by that first, then by
the second digit, etc.  August 6 was the day the archive reached 999.  So to
find archives 1000 and higher, check after archive 100 (not at the end of the
archive list, where you would expect it to be).

Phil

---
Phillip Ford
Piano Service & Restoration
1777 Yosemite Ave
San Francisco, CA  94124

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001 09:46:00
 Howard S. Rosen wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I read the archives and have received nothing later than August 6th. Anyone
>else with this problem? Or is it my mail server?
>

>Howard S. Rosen, RPT
>7262 Angel Falls Ct.
>Boynton Beach, Fl  33437
>
>hsrosen@stis.net