David Love/Tight action centers

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:18:23 -0700

From: Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>

SNIP > The use of graphite as a so-called 'lubricant' on action cloth was a
bad
> idea when first conceived and one that has not improved over the years. >

     Del and list,
        I was called in to evaluate a new S&S L last year . This piano had
very tight centers and I was advised not to ream by this  steinway dealers
head tech . He told me they would get very loose as the piano played in.
    The piano was purchased and is receiving service from the dealer as per
the usual arrangement. I eventually will be servicing this piano,and I'm
wondering if these parts have been treated like the renner's or are they
possibly made by Renner.   Thanks, Tom Driscoll