referall fees

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:18:25 -0700

When fellow techs refer their overflow to me, I send them 10% of the tuning
fee. I NEVER inflate the fee to the customer to cover the 10% i pay out.
The same is true for the subject of my first post that started this thread.
The tech who took the restringing job was happy to get the gig, and my
referral fee is 20% of what he will charg, so we BOTH make money. I will
also retain the customer for future tunings. Just like an agent or manager
who does the footwork, books the jobs for actors, of which I am one, and
gets a % for his work, with the biggest slice of the pie going to the person
who actually performs the job.

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA