David Love/Tight action centers

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:58:50 EDT

In a message dated 28/08/01 12:43:35 PM, tomtuner@mediaone.net writes:

<< This piano had

very tight centers and I was advised not to ream by this  steinway dealers

head tech . He told me they would get very loose as the piano played in. >>

Tom does this piano play adequately with the "tight" centers? If not then the
action centers need to be addressed 'now' and not wait until they "play in".

Without a doubt the centers will get looser as time passes but when one pays
for a S&S it ought to play as well as an S&S price would indicate it should.
How long should one wait for a 40 (+) thousand dollar piano to "play in"...6
months?... one year?...two years?

 In my opinion the problem should be addressed, in some manner,
now..........future problems will develop and that is what 'normal
maintenance' is all about.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)