Tight centers, etc.

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:15:58 -0700

Ulrika,
Del already suggested teflon and I'm sure there are other things that could
be used to "impregnate" the bushing cloth.
However, It is my firm belief that there is absolutely no reason to
"impregnate" good quality bushing cloth with anything but a centerpin,
properly fitted and of the proper material, (ie brass, NOT NICKLE PLATED
CENTERPINS!)
(sorry for the little rant, there, but one of my pet peeves.) Also, while
we're at it I am a confirmed advocate of absolutely nothing on the assembly
to make it pivot within specs. (such as c.p.lubes of who knows what
substances that are secret.)
Best regards,
Joe