Tight centers, etc.

Richard Brekne rbrekne@operamail.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:32:38 +0200

While I usually read and nod appreciatively to Joes posts, this one I have to take a little exception to. Good quality bushing cloth is
fine, but with teflon powder rubbed in it becomes absolutly wonderful IMHO..:) hehe... dare I say...grin.

I would use nothing else, having tried just about all there is to try and found all else lacking. And I would not use cloth alone. Its
good...but this is better.

I get tighter fits with very stable friction over a wider rh range. And I have yet to run into corrosion problems of any kind..

jtvfoh

29.08.2001 01:15:58, "Joseph Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Ulrika,
>Del already suggested teflon and I'm sure there are other things that could
>be used to "impregnate" the bushing cloth.
>However, It is my firm belief that there is absolutely no reason to
>"impregnate" good quality bushing cloth with anything but a centerpin,
>properly fitted and of the proper material, (ie brass, NOT NICKLE PLATED
>CENTERPINS!)
>(sorry for the little rant, there, but one of my pet peeves.) Also, while
>we're at it I am a confirmed advocate of absolutely nothing on the assembly
>to make it pivot within specs. (such as c.p.lubes of who knows what
>substances that are secret.)
>Best regards,
>Joe

Richard Brekne