Business Insurance Non-renewal

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:49:10 -0500

Ray & Carl,

The following was in the Home Office report Friday.=20

Business Liability and Tool & Bailee Coverage Change

(Dan Hall) PTG members for several years have been able to purchase this
insurance through Jerry Kiser of Potter, Leonard and Cahan, Inc., of
Kenmore WA. Mr. Kiser has informed us that the underwriter for this plan
has informed him of their intention to withdraw from offering such
insurance. On 8-20-01 in a conversation with Jerry Kiser, he stated that
an alternative underwriter would be found very soon ? probably the
Fireman=92s Fund. We will keep you updated when we learn more.

I hope this helps,

Dale

Dale E. Probst, RPT
South Central Regional Vice President
wardprobst@cst.net
(940) 691-3682=20

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Carl Meyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 7:57 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Business Insurance Non-renewal

Ray, I got one too.  Or as Victor Borge would say in his inflationary
speech "I got two three."
=20
As the number one justification to be an associate member of PTG, Is
this the time for an old fart to drop his membership?
I hope not!
=20
Do the insured members realize that the present insurance covers
products liability?   If I installed a Pianocorder in 1999 and it
catches on fire and burns up a house, I'm covered.  Now, if I installed
it in 1999 and it catches on fire after my insurance has lapsed, I'm not
covered.  Even If I retire, I need to have a policy that will cover me
after the fact at a reduced rate.  This will cover me if at a later time
a loss would happen.  I have discussed this with the present carrier.
=20
The home office needs to clarify this. I'm disappointed that the home
office notification did not precede the notice from the carrier.
=20
=20
Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California