Tight centers, etc.

Ulrika scotland_highland@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:42:50 -0700 (PDT)

Joseph,

as for 1, that sound like normal friction, no? Is
there really any big difference between nickle plated
pins and brass ones? brass being less dense and less
hard could make a difference I guess, but how big?

2, does this problem, in your experience, occur with
both treated and untreated cloth? is it without
question that the problem is with the nickle and the
cloth and not for example with for example graphite in
the cloth? I somehow seems illogical (though I'm no
chemist of course so maybe I shouldn't say) that the
nickle should be the determining factor in this. Is
there no such problem with the brass? it seems to me
that the problem may well be more because of
interactions with the cloth from weather, damp, dust
or such. no?

Ulrika