referall fees; last gasp (really)

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:00:19 -0500

Hi Terry,
              The short answer is no.  As a general rule of thumb, if the
action or components are brought into the shop we will agree on a price to the
customer with the tech involved, and work from there.  We get all kinds of
pedal lyres and legs to repair and we don't know in advance what the labour is
going to be.  Things like rebushing and keytops is straight forward.
A complete rebuilding job, we like to deal with the customer directly, too
many
things can go wrong with the estimate.
Regards Roger

PS The key is building a good trusting relationship with the other tech,
and do
first class work.  He does not want to get caught with your mistakes.