proper use of PTG name

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:21:57 -0700

Clyde,
Even if it were true, we are not allowed to advertise as such.

jeannie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 8:40 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: proper use of PTG name

Gary,

I am currently a PTG chapter president.  Does that make me a president of
the
PTG?  I would consider that misrepresentation.

I can't imagine a former President (of the whole organization) not
maintaining
his membership in PTG until his dying day.  Maybe the ad is not technically
false, but I'm quite certain it will give the false impression.  No one
should
resort to that.  Too bad.

Regards, Clyde

Gary McCormick wrote:

> There's a new tuner in town; he's got a nice ad in the yellow pages where
he
> also claims to have been a former president of the PTG.
> So, I go to ptg.org to look up where he's from, and he's not listed!  I go
> back to the yellow pages, and sure enough, he doesn't have RPT in his ad.
> Is this misleading, or copyright infringement?
> Gary McCormick
> (By the way, I just turned in my own application for membership in the
PTG,