stability of pitch raises

sid blum sid@sover.net
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:10:40 -0400

 If folks are habitually doing two pass tunings anyway, and since they're
 probably using an ETD that does pitch raises within a couple of cents of
 dead on in one pass (as we read repeatedly), why would they find it
 necessary to charge anything above the cost of a tuning for a pitch
 adjustment?

Ron N

Sometime ago I was called to do the first tuning on a Baldwin studio in an
elementary school, piano purchased 18 months earlier.  I figure my shoulder
has a given number of hammer manipulations in its lifetime, and charge
accordingly.

sid