stability of pitch raises (Ron's question)

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:15:28

Ron,

How dare you stop beating around the bush, cut to the chase, and ask a
simple, direct question?  Watch out, people may be listening!

I used to charge more for pitch raises, but aside from taking a little more
effort, (ie, more muscle)they really don't take any extra time for me. (Not
counting the JUMBO ones, then I list additional cost for so many minutes of
time on the bill)  I think RCT is still best at really doing this well.
It's not the fastest, but after a 20-25 minute first pass(including taking
samples), the second pass usually can be completed in another 20 minutes.
I'm using Verituner now; the final tunings are better, but the first pass
doesn't end up quite as close.

I seriously thought about just raising my rates and just giving a discount
for pianos close to pitch.  But then where to make the cutoff, and at what
note etc......  Maybe I'll just raise my rates and leave it at that!

Ron Koval
Chicagoland