stability of pitch raises (Ron's question)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:50:00 -0500

>Ron,
>
>How dare you stop beating around the bush, cut to the chase, and ask a
>simple, direct question?  Watch out, people may be listening!

Sorry Ron, my simple mind got away from me again. I'll probably do worse
next time.

>I used to charge more for pitch raises, but aside from taking a little more
>effort, (ie, more muscle)they really don't take any extra time for me. (Not
>counting the JUMBO ones, then I list additional cost for so many minutes of
>time on the bill)  I think RCT is still best at really doing this well.
>It's not the fastest, but after a 20-25 minute first pass(including taking
>samples), the second pass usually can be completed in another 20 minutes.
>I'm using Verituner now; the final tunings are better, but the first pass
>doesn't end up quite as close.

That's pretty much like what I've been reading, which is why I asked.

>I seriously thought about just raising my rates and just giving a discount
>for pianos close to pitch.  But then where to make the cutoff, and at what
>note etc......  Maybe I'll just raise my rates and leave it at that!
>
>Ron Koval

Ah yes, that would be my other question about how one determines how much
of a pitch correction is necessary when prorating from cents deviation. You
don't seem to fit the profile, since you are apparently doing what I asked
why people weren't doing, so just keep doing what you're doing if it's
working, and it makes sense to me, but thanks for the response.

	(is that a sentence?)

Ron N