The Examiner has no Clothes!

Webwraith59@AOL.COM Webwraith59@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:07:24 EST

The examiners in my old chapter would probably rather pierce their eardrums
than show the rebuilding workmanship or behavior this person has.  I'm
posting this anonymously to protect his/her identity.  I'm planning to send
him/her a copy of the responses.  I'm also interested to know whether you
think I'm out of line, here.

Questions:

1)   How many turns should there be in a tuning pin coil in the tenor section
of
an S&S "B?"
2)   Should the tail of a string pass over one duplex scale bar, or between
two?
3)   Should a single string hitchpin loop contact/cross a duplex bar?
4)   Should the wires be parallel as they leave the hitchpin?
5)   Should stringing braid be installed in an S&S "B?"
6)   Should a reshaped hammer resemble a(n):
     a) egg shape
     b) rounded diamond shape
     c) rounded hatchet shape
7)   Should new damper felts (regulated) effectively dampen?
8)   If you were rebuilding an S&S "B" and a pedal was wobbly, would you pop
out the pedal assembly and tighten the screws while you were at it?
9)   If you were a PTG examiner, would you use your rank to try and
intimidate someone who disagreed with one aspect of your work?
10)  Rebuilders:  Does a technician have to chose to do bellywork in order
for you to consider his/her opinion?

Actually, only rebuilders need respond, as he/she made clear that those were
the only people he/she would respect in any way.

Webwraith

PS These aren't all the problems I encountered.