replacing upright liftrod hanger

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:10:10 -0600

>...Mash the end just a little so thet it will need to be driven into the hole.
>Joe Goss

>...Sorry, mayber it's the language thing, but I don't know what "swedge"
>means.
>Could you please explain how this is done for a native french Canadian.
>Marcel

>...Do not bend but swedge the end that will go into the lift
>rod so that it will wedge in solidly...
>Joe Goss...

Marcel, Joe, List,

I didn't know why, until now, this kept nagging at me.

The description is correct, however the word is swage.  It's the activity
that is done when installing key leads in keyarms.

Little thing, I know, yet, seemed important to clarify.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731