Tuning lever heads

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:55:33 +0100

Hello Clyde,

A long (very long eventually) tuning head works perfectly, assuming you use
quietly the flag polling motion

I was very reluctant to use some, but I sometime have to. Eventually I will
appreciate the less stiff feedback when tuning with one (the unisons tuning
"flows" better.

I use habitually a regular tuning tip, but I've seen many very competent
tuners using very long ones, mostly on grand's, and any time I use one I
liked the result.

I feel that the delayed motion oblige you to use more your playing hand, at
the benefit of the overall sound (projection). A short head is so immediate
that I sometime feel it constrain my arm/hand movement , and that is
possibly percept in the final sound.

Take care everyone

Regards.

Isaac OLEG