Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Sat, 01 Dec 2001 09:18:57 -0600

Keith:

And I thought I was the only one using one of those long tips for
tuning the top of a grand!  I've done it for 26 years even though
others tell me I can't control the pin from that height.  It is more
awkward than a normal tip, but tuning the top of a grand right handed
is awkward no matter your choice (stand at the side with lid open,
switch hands, etc.).

dave

On 12/1/01 at 12:24 AM kam544@flash.net wrote:

>>...do you have a short tuning hammer for
>>the high treble? Or can you tune left-handed? ;-)
>>Avery
>
>Avery, List,
>
>Definitely another consideration for someone who isn't prepared.  I
do have
>a short tuning hammer, and if "absolutely" necessary, left-handed
can be
>done.
>
>However, my weapon of choice is a 6 1/2" tuning lever head & tip I
put on
>for situations where space is at a premium.  Have dealt with this
for years
>at the university I service, as well as a few other choice
locations.
>Clears all grand rims to date.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Keith McGavern