Getting OT - swedge

Charles E Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 10:05:34 -0600

Clyde,

In the factory, the 'swedge' was the flattened portion of the bass string
core wire where the copper wrapping terminated. Another bit of
semi-useless trivia.

Charles Faulk

On Sat, 01 Dec 2001 07:49:05 -0500 Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com>
writes:
> Keith,
>
> Well, I for one appreciate your interest in accuracy and your
> willingness to
> educate us.  I could have declared there was a word "swedge," but
> it's not in my
> dictionary.  On the other hand, neither is "inharmonicity."
>
> So now I'm beginning to wonder if "swedge" is a word after all.  The
> average
> dictionary does not include every word possible that may be used
> only within a
> specific context.  Anyone know?
>
> Regards,
> Clyde
>
> > >...Sorry, mayber it's the language thing, but I don't know what
> "swedge"
> > >means.
> >
> > >...Do not bend but swedge the end that will go into the lift
> > >rod so that it will wedge in solidly...
> > >Joe Goss...
> >
> > Marcel, Joe, List,
> >
> > I didn't know why, until now, this kept nagging at me.
> >
> > The description is correct, however the word is swage.  It's the
> activity
> > that is done when installing key leads in keyarms.
> >
> > Little thing, I know, yet, seemed important to clarify.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Keith McGavern

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.