Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:21:27 EST

Bob Bergantino writes:
> Had a fully-loaded...aquarium sitting on a first-time tuning grand  the
other day.
> No one  else  was home so I had to reschedule for another day.  Will charge
the >customer a service call fee when I tune the piano next week(in addition
to the >tuning).
--------
1) I WILL NOT GO to a first-time appointment unless the client will be there,
for more reasons than I can list here.

2) I don't think one has to be in business very long to appreciate the fact
that clients don't see pianos the same way we do. It honestly doesn't occur
to them that we might have to open the thing up. Since this is so common,
it's our job to remind a first-time customer, as the appointment is being
made, to clear the piano, and whatever other conditions we wish. If I hadn't,
I would eat the service call (moot anyway had the client been home).

Bob Davis