Fw: virus alert

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:41:25 -0800

Sorry I made so much trouble for you. Next time I'll follow your sage =
advice   Tom D.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 1:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Fw: virus alert

  You know guys... it takes only a couple seconds to check these things =
out at the relevant virus sites on the nett.=20
  This one is a hoax and it took me about 5 seconds to get about 30 =
links to major sites describing such hoaxes..=20

  Visit for example  http://hoaxinfo.com/vhoax.htm=20

  Might be just a bit enlightening.=20

  Or perhaps a google search..... ??  =
http://www.google.com/search?q=3DWTC+Survivor+Virus+alert=20

  That will give you a few sites to check out before posting such =
things.=20
   =20

  RicB=20
   =20

  Tom Driscoll wrote:=20

    Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 5:41 AMSubject: virus alert
     This was forwarded to me!!!!=20
     =20
     =20
    Dear All,=20
    Please take note..=20

    BIGGGG TROUBLE !!!! DO NOT OPEN "WTC Survivor" It is a virus that=20
    will erase your whole "C" drive. It will come to you in the form=20
    of an E-Mail from a familiar person.=20
    I repeat a friend sent it to me, but called and warned me before=20
    I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can't even start his =
computer!=20
    Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather =
receive this=20
    25 times than not at all.=20

    If you receive an email called "WTC Survivor" do not open it.=20
    Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries =
(. dll=20
    files) from your computer.

   =20
   =20