Not enough dampers

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 21:43:36 -0500

The criteria is the lack of sustain of the octave _above_ the open
strings.  Playing those upper notes should activate the second partial
of the open octave below so there is sustain for the last half octave of
the piano.

The other criteria is where the maker decides where it is.

Do you really want to add damper levers, head. felts, to the length of
the lift rod and spoons in wippens and then make it all work?

And how much will you charge for that.

I think a nice carpet in that room would help more.

		Newton