Not enough dampers

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:34:11 -0800 (PST)

I got a question for you guys -- my piano only has the
upper bearing point on the plain wire length muted --
the bridge end of all strings and the tuning pin end
in the bass is allowed to vibrate.  My question is
this:  Would muting off the ends of the strings make
my tone more mellow or dull?  I like it the way it is
(and some notes are still not quite full or bright
enough -- probably need to replace the hammers.  I
like the sound of the Baldwin Hamilton btw.)