A Business Question

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:36:55 EST

In a message dated 12/5/01 2:37:11 PM Central Standard Time,
cmpiano@attbi.com writes:

> After being in business for 8 years they caught me.  So I got a license.
> Every year I pay $20 plus $15 for a fire inspection.  I think its been 20
> years and except for the initial inspection I've never seen an inspector.
>
> They caught me since I had a sellers permit from the state and those guys
> talk to each other.

On the surface it might look like you're getting ripped off. But from the
state's point of view, there are business that need to be inspected every
year, especially if they are open to the public. Businesses in stores also
cost the police department more money, because police do inspect them at
night. But a city or county can't discriminate as to what kind of business
has to have a license to operate. So it "taxes" all business, whether it
operates out of a store front, garage or a house.

Wim