Modal Analysis (was Negative bearing (long))

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 00:05:47 +0100

Phillip L Ford wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:09:43
>  Richard Brekne wrote:
>
> >Couldnt you just run the experiment on an unloaded board, noting the reasonate
> >frequencies, and then compare to what you could see of the results in the loaded
> >condition... I mean true enough the plate block quite a bit of what you can
> >see... some more then others... but still should be able to get an idea
> >anyways... or what ?
> >
> >RicB
> >
> Yes, you could.  I went into this at more length in a reply to one of Del's posts.
> I'm trying to think of how one could construct a test piano with a clearer view of the
> soundboard.  My first thought was transparent aluminum (a la Star Trek).  However,
> since I don't think it exists as yet I'm still thinking.
>
> Phil F

I read that post Phil... with interest as well. Lots to read and write about for the time
being, and there is much real work to do this time of year as well.

Grin.. I still am into my little monochord project checking out several different things.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.