Computer Housekeeping [was Re: Don Bennett: BIG VIRUS ALERT!]

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 21:05:00 -0500

An observation ...

Seems like viruses "prefer" e-mail that was deleted without being read as a
means of "making the rounds" to spread themselves.  Would it help any if we
all at least marked all messages as "read" before deleting them?  (In
Windows ME, hold down the Ctrl key and hit A to select all messages, then
hit Q to mark as them as "read" before letting up on the Ctrl key.  Then if
you want to delete everything, you just have to hit the Delete key.)

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stacy Adams" <adams_piano@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 11:39 AM
Subject: Don Bennett: BIG VIRUS ALERT!

Just to let everyone know that I got a suspicious email this morning.  A few
weeks ago I posted a question regarding "Old Plastic Action Parts" to this
list.  This morning I received a personal email from a member of this list
using the same title "Old Plastic Action Parts", but there was not text in
the message, only 2 attachments.  When I foolishly tried to open the
attachment my trusty virus scan indicated there was a virus present in the
message.  The message was from Don Bennett, who I'm sure is unaware that
this is happening.

Stacy