Soundboard grain angle

Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:55:42 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: December 05, 2001 6:24 PM
  Subject: Re: Soundboard grain angle

  Del=20
    Yeah, oh wise one but, what pray tell do you ask the sound board =
supplier to send you if you(Del) are not for some reason making your own =
panel at the moment.=20

    Dale=20
We make our own.=20

But, that's a good question. If I were ordering from someone else it =
would probably be a good idea to specify relative to the bellyrail since =
the front of the soundboard will be parallel to that. Both commercial, =
aftermarket soundboard manufacturers I've observed lay out to the front =
of the board.

Del