piano calendars

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 07:21:10 -0600

On 12/6/01 1:44 AM, "Thos. Carpenter" <carpthos@televiso.com> wrote:

> Every year, at this time, I always wonder if there are any calendars available
> with beautiful pictures of pianos, with which I may have the name of my
> business incorporated on, to give to some of my preferred clientele.
> Does anyone on our list know of such an existing calendar? and if not, might
> this be something the Guild could consider putting together for us?
> Tom Carpenter

If the Piano 300 exhibit at the Smithsonian showed anything, it was that
there is interest among the general public in pianos. A piano calendar might
be of general interest, but would be difficult to produce I suspect, because
of the difficulty of collecting high quality photographs of interesting
pianos. Such a project would likely be beyond what the PTG could pull off
unless we could obtain the rights to an existing collection of photos. A
calendar project would be very expensive because the inventory would have a
much, much shorter life than our other products, that is, a 2002 calendar
would not be worth anything to us in 2003.

Kent Swafford