Soundboard grain angle

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:34:18 -0600

Phil
Something else occurred to me about this grain angle thing and stiffness
control. I've often heard the suggestion of putting the stiff panel planks
in the treble, and the flexible ones in the bass. Good trick with all the
bridges on the same few strips of wood in a "traditionally" planked panel.
With the grain running the other way as you suggested, this could be done,
or with the grain as it usually is, those short end joined planks that Del
mentioned could be laid up just that way.

Just another layer of potential aggravation I thought I'd share in case
anyone was running low.

Ron N