Inserting pictures

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:50:45 +0000

At 9:58 AM -0800 12/6/01, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

>I have been able to paste pictures into MS-OE successfully, but it seems to
>have problems with drawings. Do you know if Eudora would accept something
>like the simple CAD sketch I tried to send to the list a couple of days ago?

That would depend on the file type.  If its a .dwg or something, then
I doubt it very much.  I can paste the Mac clipboard into a message
but I think Eudora then sends it as a Mac PICT file (== .pct) and
Windows readers might not be able to view it.  What I do is always
convert to .gif and insert through the file dialog.  Next time I get
on the PC I'll see what's possible.  I've worked for years as an
alpha tester in the engine rooms of Eudora, mainly writing automation
scripts for the Mac version, but I know the Windows version fairly
well now.

What I would use on Windows to convert to .gif is a shareware program
named SnagIt (find it with Google or at download.com).  Once this is
running you type ctl-shift-P wherever you are and draw a marquee
round the rectangle you want to capture.  This then goes into a sort
of scrapbook from which you can save as .bmp, .jpg, .gif etc.  I have
the same sort of thing on the Mac but it's at least 12 years old and
works perfectly.  If any Mac users would like it (it's called
Capture, by the inventor of BinHex encoding) just let me know and
I'll post it to you.

Your drawings did not appear in my messages and I had to hunt for
them in Eudora's secret places, but I got them.

JD