Bamboo

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:48:49 0000

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:24:15
 John Delacour wrote:
>At 12:49 AM +0000 12/7/01, Phillip L Ford wrote:
>
>>If you don't mind me asking, what are you planning to use bamboo for in
>>your piano?
>
>Shammer hanks.

Good idea.  I had thought of that as well.  I'm interested
to know how you make out.

>>Also, what do you mean by bitty nature?
>
>It doesn't come in nice manageable logs.

Right.  You wouldn't have known it from these floor planks
that I saw though.  I don't know how they dealt with the
stuff. The planks were laminated - 3 layers.  Each layer
had uniform strips I'd say about an inch wide.  You could
see where the rings (ribs?) were but everything was perfectly
flat.  I'd like to play around with this stuff some more.
It has amazing structural properties.

Phil F
---
Phillip Ford