Biasco Baldwin Puzzler Answer/Question

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 17:11:16 -0500

I have a client who bought a new Baldwin Hamilton about a year ago.  I
tuned it
the first time last month (it had received two dealer tunings that came
with the
purchase).  The dampers were so far out of regulation, both with the
sustain
pedal and the spoons, that I could easily be convinced that they had
never been
regulated at all, not even in the factory.  I had never seen anything
like it in
any other new piano.  In addition, five hammer heads were loose, the
springs squeaked at the hammer butts, and it sounded like the hammers
were way too soft, very muffled.

Regards,
Clyde