Promotional items: Was "calendars"

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 09:36:27 EST

I have given out pens for the last two years.  The quality of the pens does
vary.  Having ordered two different types of pens, I will definitely be going
back to the first type I ordered, there being many problems with that second
design.  My way of testing each one is to write out their bill with the pen,
and then give it to them.  (This way I'm sure it works.)

It costs me about 75 cents/pen, and I think it is well worth it, based on
comments I've gotten from clients.

I used to just leave them on the piano, thinking they would go to the piano
after I left to play something and find a little gift from me, but I had so
many people run out the front door after me, screaming, "You left your pen!!"
 I'd reply from my car as I backed out the driveway, "No, that's YOUR pen!"
And they'd yell, "No, it's YOURS!"  So now I hand it to each client
personally, saying, "I'm sure you can always use another pen."

One lady, calling to schedule her second tuning with me, actually said, "I
lost your card, but then I remembered the pen!  What a good idea, leaving
that pen!"

Tom Sivak